Thursday 26 June 2014

Blog 2

I walk to the fridge. 
I walk to the sofa, I make a coffee...I walk to the window to see the sky. 
To check it's still where it was yesterday. 
I walk to the bedroom. 
I make the bed but there's that same fucking coffee stain that I see everyday and I wash it and wash it but I can't get it out. I iron it, maybe I can burn it out but it just got blacker and blacker, like that coffee stain cos I forgot and left the iron on it, the stain in the shape of a cardboard box with air holes, like the ones they trap pets in to give them to their new owners.
I make a coffee and light a cigarette.....'these are a few of my favourite things'.. but the hot curls of smoke get in my eyes, prick and burn them immensely as I've had none of that fresh air that this new sky brought today.. I walk to the fridge I stand at the fridge.i walk back to the window. It's grey out. Splatters of water mark the glass that encases me. Splat, split, splat crack... I step on eggshell. 
I walk to the market to find some breakfast but I can't remember if I already had breakfast when I stood at the fridge. I think I had an egg at home. I held it cold against my hot palm and let the shell crack underneath my hand so fucking easily but I dont remember eating it, enjoying it or putting it in a sandwich like normal people do. But maybe I did. I don't remember. Maybe I'll have a coffee. I haven't had one yet today. 
I think I'll take a walk to the park to clear my head. Maybe I'll run? I finish my coffee and I run. and run and run and run and feel the hot trickles of sweat that drain down my back. And It feels good...it feels so good to sweat, safe because it shows I'm achieving. It's the sheer hot stinking proof that I CAN BE A MACHINE! that hot state of euphoria that I love when my legs burn and burn and so do my eyes coz of the salty water that I forgot to wipe away, mixed with remnants of yesterday's make up but I'm achieving because my body says stop but I carry on just because I can. 
I've reached the natural high now, so high that my legs won't walk straight. I stop to glug back a coffee. My reward cos I haven't had one today yet. I deserve it. Maybe I'll have an omelette coz I haven't had an egg for years and I'm told they're protein. Or is fat? I can't remember? I'll just pick the cheese out. 

And I'm late, I'm late for a very important date. For a very important date I'm late, how dare I be late for this date.. 

And as I hit the natural daylight my eyes burn, a sting not unlike that from earlier today as I rush to the train. I fall down the potholes in the street in my high boots.. The ones that tell the world that I am 'together' I can still pick out a good pair of shoes....

LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT.... IM LATE IM LATE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE IM LATE...And I walked and walked right down the length of the train, I kid you not 8 9 10 15 32 108 carriages to finally find the solace of a free two seater. the fresh smell of cheesy wotsits, egg cress sandwiches, baby wipes and chips to sink into the tepid warmth from the mould of butt cheeks that sat before me..

And I order a coffee because it's only 1030 and I have the whole day to go yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment